Here’s the short list for reminders of what has happened so far:
- Kalarel was defeated. In doing so, the party prevented Orcus from escaping from the Shadowfell.
- Orcus, angered that his freedom eluded him when it was so close, pounded upon the planes of reality—this unsettled the various realities, causing shifts and rifts and oddities that some notice and others do not.
- Upon returning to Winterhaven, you were instructed that the dead were attacking the village and were pointed down the path to the cemetery. There, the dead rose up with the aid of Ninaren, Kalarel’s spy and possibly lover, but were dispatched by the already exhausted party.
- Lord Padraig was informed of the doings within the keep, and entreated you to investigate the slavers within Thunderspire. A visit to Valthruun revealed little of Thunderspire, but did whet his appetite for news from the Labyrinth.
- After a much needed rest, the party set off for Thunderspire. They stopped for the night in Fallcrest, and set out the next morning.
- With little to go on once you arrived in Thunderspire, going past the Minotaur Gate and into the mountain. There, you confronted a team of Bloodreavers and rescued the young halfing, Rendill Halfmoon.
- Rendill lead you back to the Seven-Pillared Hall. There, you met his aunt, Emma Halfmoon, proprietor of the Halfmoon Inn. For thanks in rescuing her nephew, she’s allowed you to stay at the Halfmoon Inn for free.
- Zeel visited Gendar’s Curios, wherein the ex-patriot drow had a task for him to find a skull scepter.
- After a night’s sleep, the party set off toward the Chamber of Eyes with the guidance of Rendill.